I don’t know if my car seat is installed correctly. How can I have it checked?

Putnam County Health Department has two trained child safety seat technicians. Inspections are completed free of charge and by appointment.

I was bitten by an animal. Now what do I do?

Missouri law requires that all animal bites that puncture the skin to be reported to the health department. We complete an investigation into the health of the person as well as animal health.

I need a certified copy of a birth or death certificate, where can I go?

Putnam County Health Department can only print out vital records for the state of Missouri. We do not print out of state birth/death certificates. Complete an application for a copy of Birth or Death Certification, and bring it into the health department along with the required fee. This process takes approximately five to ten minutes. Once the record is printed, a fee is collected and the process is over. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, cash, check, money order, cashiers check only. Proof of ID is required. If you are unable to come in person, the application can be notarized and mailed with the fee for processing.

Can Putnam County help me to see a doctor and/or needed medications?

Putnam County Health Department does not have a physician on staff. Therefore, we do not distribute or prescribe medications. You need to contact your local health care provider for these types of needs.

I need to sign up for Medicaid and/or Food Stamps. Who do I call?

Division of Family Services handles Medicaid and Food Stamp needs. Their office number is 660-947-2567. We do not handle any of these needs.

How do I get a job at the health department?

Putnam County Health Department does not currently have any positions available. However, we do welcome your resume. We keep them on file for one year in the event of an opening. You may either mail it to us or stop in and drop it off.